March 15, 2015
The Université de Genève is organising a summer school on International Cultural Heritage Law, from June 22nd – July 3rd.
Check the Geneva Summer Schools website for full details of the course programme.
Geneva Summer Schools
International Cultural Heritage Law
June 22 – July 3, 2015
The summer school aims to develop the students’ awareness and general understanding of the main substantive themes of international cultural heritage law, namely:
- the trade in cultural objects;
- the restitution of stolen or looted artworks;
- the protection of cultural property in the event of armed conflict;
- the protection of the built heritage from natural and human-induced disasters;
- the safeguarding of the intangible cultural heritage and of the diversity of cultural expressions;
- the relationship between cultural heritage law and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO);
- the settlement of cultural heritage disputes.