June 2, 2012
BBC Four is reshowing a documentary directed by Robin Dashwood, that it originally made in 2004, to coincide with the Athens Olympics, about the story behind the Parthenon Sculptures & how they came to end up in the British Museum.
The Elgin Marbles
Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Sun 3 Jun 2012 21:00 BBC Four, Repeats Mon 4 Jun 2012 02:30 BBC Four
Drama-documentary in which art critic Andrew Graham-Dixon tells the story of the greatest cultural controversy of the last 200 years. He explores the history of the Elgin Marbles, tells the dramatic story of their removal from Athens and cites the arguments for and against their return to Greece.
- The real story of the Elgin Marbles : June 25, 2004
- Parthenon Marbles to feature in new documentary on Athens : March 31, 2007
- Dorothy King speaks about against the return of the Marbles : June 20, 2004
- A new campaign for the return of the Parthenon Marbles : April 24, 2012
- Elgin Marbles deal denied : October 7, 2003
- Return to the Parthenon – a new fiction book about the Parthenon Marbles : October 17, 2012
- Canadian Prime Minister slips up on Elgin Marbles issue : May 29, 2003
- House of Commons Early Day Motion to highlight recent developments relating to Parthenon Marbles return : November 8, 2012