June 12, 2009
A lecture in Switzerland on the New Acropolis Museum has been organised by the Swiss Committee for the Return of the Parthenon Marbles.
Athens News Agency
Lecture on Acropolis Museum
The Alliance Francaise in Bern, Switzerland, organised a lecture on the theme of “The New Acropolis Museum – An opportunity for the return of the Parthenon Marbles to Greece?”, in the presence of a large Swiss audience.
The speaker was Olivier Vodoz, Vice President of the International Red Cross and Vice President of the Swiss Committee for the Return of the Parthenon Marbles.
He outlined the historic and legal framework of the issue and referred to the efforts made so far, and that are continuing, both by the Greek state and the International Committee for the return of the Marbles.
The speaker further stressed the hope that with the construction of the New Acropolis Museum and the positive progress of internatiaonal law in this sector, the Parthenon Marbles will return to their historic environment which has a unique character.
- Round table discussion on: The reunification of the Parthenon Marbles – a European concern : October 11, 2013
- Swiss Committee for the Return of Parthenon Marbles organises talk in Zurich : April 29, 2014
- Lecture in Melbourne on the restitution of the Parthenon Marbles : March 29, 2012
- 2012 Olympics create a unique opportunity for reunification of the Elgin Marbles : May 12, 2009
- Lecture in Baltimore on the Parthenon Marbles : April 23, 2012
- Finnish event in suport of the reunification of the Elgin Marbles : May 7, 2009
- Greek & Finnish presidents discuss Elgin Marbles : May 5, 2009
- International colloquy in London on the reunification of the Parthenon Marbles : March 13, 2012