The British Committee for the Reunification of the Parthenon Marbles  is organising (with the help of two other committees), a symposium in London to discuss the repatriation of the Elgin Marbles to Greece.
ADVANCE NOTICE – INTERNATIONAL COLLOQUY ON THE REUNIFICATION OF THE PARTHENON MARBLES
LONDON HELLENIC CENTRE, 19-20 JUNE 2012
This conference will be presented jointly by:
- The British Committee for the Reunification of the Parthenon Marbles
- The American Committee for the Reunification of the Parthenon Sculptures and
- The International Organising Committee – Australia – for the Restitution of the Parthenon Marbles (inc).
It is timed to coincide with the anniversary of the opening of the Acropolis Museum (www.theacropolismuseum.gr) and the occasion of the London Olympics which will start one month later.
Venue: London Hellenic Centre
Duration: 2 days (19 – 20 June 2012)
Entrance Fee: £79 (includes refreshments throughout day one and lunch)
Day One: Tuesday 19 June 2012
- Presentations by speakers from the UK, Greece, Australia, USA and elsewhere. Themes will include legal issues relating to the reunification of the marbles and the concept of the “universal museum”.
- There will also be an optional conference dinner (chargeable separately) with a distinguished guest speaker in the evening of day one.
Day Two: Wednesday 20 June 2012
- Organised attendance at the British Museum.
- “Missing” campaign to be launched.
Further details including application forms will be published shortly. In the meantime those who may be interested in attending may wish to note the dates in their diaries and/or contact:
Chairman, British Committee for the Reunification of the Parthenon Marbles
Would all secretaries and others with lists of contacts, websites and other means of onward transmission please assist in disseminating this notice.