April 2, 2014
As many may have spotted, yesterday was April 1st. As a result of this, some of the items I posted, may not have been entirely accurate.
Much as I (and many others) want the British Government & British Museum to enter into the UNESCO mediation process, thus far, there has been nothing except silence from them.
I should also note that Pillory Dour & Henna Biltong are entirely fictional characters, and that any resemblance of them to people working for the British Government & British Museum is entirely coincidental.
So, to make the previous post become reality, more needs to be done to encourage the Government to accept the mediation request. At the moment, they are ignoring it, because they feel comfortable taking this course of action. So, write to your MP, raise awareness, publish stories publicising the lack of response, so that eventually they might feel more inclined to take action.
- British Government agrees to UNESCO mediation for Parthenon Marbles : April 1, 2014
- British Museum blocks oil platform rescue operation because of Elgin Marbles connection : April 1, 2012
- Leaked Tory manifesto hints at Parthenon Marbles return : April 1, 2015
- Greece, the Parthenon Marbles & UNESCO : October 9, 2014
- Could mediation through UNESCO offer a solution to the Parthenon Marbles issue? : October 3, 2013
- What will the UK do about the Parthenon Sculptures UNESCO mediation request : October 16, 2014
- Early Day Motion on UNESCO Mediation for Parthenon Sculptures : April 11, 2014
- Early day motion 852 UNESCO mediation and the Marbles : March 27, 2015