December 10, 2009
I went yesterday evening to East 15 acting school’s play: Losing Marbles.
I’m not sure what I expected the play to be like – but it definitely wasn’t like any of the ideas I had in my mind. It was at the same time different & far better than what I had expected. As it still has one more night to show (at a different theatre) I won’t reveal the plot – but I can say that it is hilariously funny, ingeniously performed & well worth watching – whether or not you are interested in the story of the Parthenon Marbles.
As I mentioned before, there is one last chance to see it – in Colchester, Essex this Friday Night.
University of Essex
Losing Marbles - Or what could happen on the return journey of the Parthenon Marbles to Greece,
11 December 2009
Losing Marbles and The Tart With a Heart
Performance Time: 19:30
Venue: Lakeside Theatre
Joining TAS on the second night of Snow White: The Tart With a Heart, East 15 acting school present Losing Marbles, a tale of ancient grievance.
When a Greek immigrant attempts to singlehandedly return the Elgin Marbles to Athens, an epic struggle unfolds – hurtling from the Parthenon to the bowels of the British Museum and beyond. A startlingly profound musical satire on the nature of love and posession.
Full: £7.00, Conc: £5.00, UoE Students: £3.00
Ticket Hotline: 01206 573948
Book Online: http://www.mercurytheatre.co.uk/artson5
In person: University Gallery, Square 5
Monday – Friday 11 – 5, Saturday 12 – 4
- A play about the Parthenon Sculptures : November 3, 2008
- Sofka Smales to protest in Trafalgar Square for return of Parthenon Sculptures : September 11, 2009
- Losing Marbles – a play by East 15 Acting School : December 3, 2009
- Play inspired by the Parthenon Marbles : November 2, 2011
- Why Karen Essex wrote Stealing Athena : June 16, 2009
- Evi Stamatiou as Caryatid Unplugged at the Edinburgh festival : August 20, 2013
- Influence – a play about the arrival of the Elgin Marbles in Britain : February 2, 2011
- Debevec’s Parthenon : June 28, 2006