August 14, 2012
Photographer and musician Ares Kalogeropoulos has expanded on his original campaign for the return of the Parthenon Marbles, with a new video.
New video about Parthenon Marbles - I Am Greek and I Want to Go Home,
‘I Am Greek and I Want to Go Home’ Movement for the Repatriation of Looted Greek Antiquities
By Areti Kotseli on August 5, 2012 in News
“You can steal a statue. But you can NOT steal my origin.
I AM GREEK
Citizens of the World, I am being kept hostage
HELP ME RETURN HOME, to Greece.
I was made to be ridden by Heroes, I was made to run on stone,
I AM GREEK AND I WANT TO GO HOME
I was born in Greece, my sisters are there.”
That’s the new video by the Independent Voluntary Movement for the Repatriation of the Looted Greek Antiquities, initiated by photographer and musician Ares Kalogeropoulos who has launched an international campaign for that cause. Ares Kalogeropoulos created a visual appeal for the return of the priceless marbles currently in London.
The video showing a Caryatid from the British Museum requesting her return HOME; to Greece next to her SISTERS, has sparked admiration among Internet users.
The purpose of this video action is the return of Greek antiquities known as Elgin Marbles illegally detained abroad.
- Photographer & Composer Ares Kalogeropoulos launches video about the Elgin Marbles : April 24, 2012
- A new campaign for the return of the Parthenon Marbles : April 24, 2012
- If Lord Elgin had visited another country rather than Greece, what would they look like now : August 16, 2012
- First Caryatid moves to the New Acropolis Museum : December 12, 2007
- Greece establishes committee to handle Parthenon marbles issue : March 6, 2013
- New campaign to Reunite the Parthenon Marbles : January 15, 2004
- Greek antiquities in New York are returned to Greece : November 8, 2010
- Protest outside British Museum this Saturday with Cypriot Students Union : October 18, 2012