February 16, 2014
Just a few days after I last wrote about the filming of Promakhos, one of the directors got in touch with me, to let me know that the first trailer of the film had now been posted online.
The film is about a legal challenge over the Parthenon Marbles. This is an interesting dimension to the issue, as it is something that has often been raised as a possibility by campaigners & very credible cases have been put forward by a number of high profile lawyers (not least the father of the directors of this movie), but it has always been something that the Greek government has steered well clear of having any involvement with.
Having read the script a couple of years ago, I’m very eager to see the completed film once it is out later this year.
- Promakhos – a movie about the Parthenon Marbles, Justice & Greece : February 6, 2014
- Promakhos screening at Australia’s Greek film festival : October 2, 2014
- Q&A with David Hill followed Parthenon Marbles film screening : November 11, 2014
- Promakhos depicts a legal case for return of Parthenon Marbles : November 24, 2014
- Preview screening of Promakhos – a film about the Parthenon Marbles : July 22, 2014
- Lord Elgin & some stones of no value : July 4, 2009
- The Road to Nasiriyah – A film about the looting of Iraq’s archaeological sites : January 25, 2011
- Costas Tzavaras, Greece’s new Culture Minister speaks about his plans for the Parthenon Sculptures : August 3, 2012