October 18, 2012
The Cypriot Students Union along with the I am Greek & I want to go home campaign are organising a protest outside the British Museum for the return of the Parthenon Marbles.
The protest takes place this Saturday from 12:00 to 14:30.
There is a Facebook event page for the event here.
Automatic translation below – follow the link to read the original version in Greek.
Protest: “I AM GREEK AND I WANT TO GO HOME”
On October 16, 2012, in Ads , Press Releases , by tasostheo
The Pioneers F.P.K UK in consultation with the Independent Movement for the return of Greek art «I AM GREEK AND I WANT TO GO HOME », invariably invites ALL to devote some of their time, next Saturday 20/10/2012 to unite with her, their voices for the return of the Parthenon sculptures where they belong. In Greece, the history and the people of …
Venue: Courtyard of the British Museum – London
Time: 12:00 to 14:30
It’s been 206 years of absence of the Parthenon marbles from their motherland, Greece, for this we need to return. The time has come to live up to the values we all share and contribute as Greeks in the universal struggle for their return to this little piece of land located in the capital of Greece.
The Pioneers F.P.K UK also welcomes responses invitation addressed to ALL, without exception, from “FRONT UK Cypriot Students’, which not only indicates – through Communication – how will this his but supports the initiative of the Independent Movement by Kalogeropoullou Mars, sending back the call and the other student factions operating in the United Kingdom.
A common goal to fight for the return of the Parthenon Marbles, let everyone any pettiness, and as authentic Greek erect stature and follow the recipe of success always in Greek History countless ingredients contained unity and selflessness, so we even in nowadays to praise the Freedom and shout for our own, without fear, but with passion.
Pioneering UK F.P.K
- Demonstration outside British Museum on October 23rd for return of Parthenon Marbles : October 21, 2010
- The chant of “Bring them back” echoed across the courtyard of the British Museum : October 31, 2010
- Greek school students protest at the British Museum for return of Parthenon Marbles : February 18, 2013
- Greek schoolchildren stage protest outside British Museum : May 6, 2009
- Students protest over Parthenon marbles : February 1, 2007
- Greek students campaign for Elgin Marbles to be returned : May 21, 2004
- Sofka Smales to protest in Trafalgar Square for return of Parthenon Sculptures : September 11, 2009
- New video about Parthenon Marbles – I Am Greek and I Want to Go Home : August 14, 2012