March 6, 2013
This sounds like it was going to be an interesting lecture – unfortunately, I only discovered about it the day after it had taken place though.
Hopefully, they will put it on youtube at some point in the future.
The Athens Centre
Lecture “Returning Lost Marbles’, by Ira Kaliampetsos
The Athens Centre would like to invite you to a guest lecture,
by Ira Kaliampetsos
Director of the Hellenic Society for Law and Archaeology
“Returning Lost Marbles:
Antiquities Restitution and the Law”
Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at 7:00pm
At The Athens Centre
Archimidous 48, Pangrati (Mets)
Wine and conversation follows the event. The lecture is free and open to the public. For more information, please call 210-7015242 or 210-7012268.
Ira Kaliampetsos works as a lawyer in Athens. She earned her law degree from the Ruhr-University Bochum in Germany and continued her postgraduate studies on ‘Art and Law’ at the Karl-Franzens-University in Graz, Austria. Her professional experience includes working for the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs (a position she still holds), the Delegation of the European Union to Turkey and several assignments for election observation. In 2006 she co-founded the Hellenic Society for Law and Archaeology (www.law-archaeology.gr), a non- profit organization dealing with all aspects of antiquities law – a field in which her law office specializes in. She is also a founding member of the Hellenic Wildlife Care Association, ANIMA (www.wild-anima.gr).
Event information is also available on our Facebook page.
Pictures of the event are available here.
- The American Committee for the Reunification of the Parthenon Sculptures on Facebook : August 14, 2010
- Lecture in Baltimore on the Parthenon Marbles : April 23, 2012
- Lecture in Athens on the politics of archaeological heritage : March 28, 2012
- Greeks call off strike : July 19, 2007
- Marbles Reunited on Twitter & Facebook : June 18, 2011
- Parthenon Marbles Exhibition in San Francisco : March 20, 2008
- Demonstration outside British Museum on October 23rd for return of Parthenon Marbles : October 21, 2010
- The Parthenon in Poetry : March 6, 2006