November 6, 2012
Using the Layar app for phones & tablets, it appears that it is already possible to see what the Duveen Gallery at the British Museum would look like if the Parthenon Marbles were returned.
I’m not sure exactly who the target market is for this, but it can help to generate a lot of publicity for the issue, particularly if people use it obviously while visiting the British Museum.
The original article is on Mark Skwarek’s blog & consists almost entirely made of images, so you will have to follow this link to view it.
- Reinterpretation of the Parthenon Sculptures : May 24, 2010
- Follow Elginism on Twitter : July 23, 2009
- Elginism on Flickr : November 29, 2009
- Live broadcast of the Intellegence Squared Parthenon Marbles debate at the New Acropolis Museum : June 2, 2012
- How do museums create their collections : February 4, 2008
- Broader isssues with museum culture reflected in the History of the World in 100 objects : November 21, 2010
- Heightened awareness of the Elgin Marbles debate : September 5, 2008
- The British Museum’s collaboration with Wikipedia : August 19, 2010