The Acropolis Museum in Athens has made it into TripAdvisor’s list of the world’s top ten museums.
Greek Reporter 
Acropolis Museum Among World’s Best
by Nikoleta Kalmouki
Sep 17, 2014
Operating for five years now, the Acropolis Museum in Athens has charmed foreign and local tourists with its treasures from the Greek Bronze Era to the Roman and Byzantine period.
It is the most visited museum in Greece and attracts millions of visitors each year. The Acropolis Museum is 8th on the list of the best museums in the world compiled by TripAdvisor, based on visitor votes.
TripAdvisor says that the the museum building is amazing and so are its exhibits, while it makes a special reference to the glass corridor from which visitors can see the ruins and excavations below the museum.
The full list of the ten best museums:
1. Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago
2. National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropologia), Mexico City
3. State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace, St Petersburg
4. The Getty Center, Los Angeles
5. Galleria dell’Accademia, Florence
6. Musee d’Orsay, Paris
7. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
8. The Acropolis Museum, Athens
9. Prado Museum, Madrid
10. Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial, Jerusalem