September 9, 2007
The New York Times includes the New Acropolis Museum on its list of major new museums that are scheduled to open in the coming months.
New York Times
Architectural Shifts, Global and Local
By NICOLAI OUROUSSOFF
Published: September 9, 2007
OVERWHELMED by the globetrotting needed to keep up with the new museums opening every year? Well, put on your track shoes. Keep up the pace.
The ribbon cuttings this season begin at the New Acropolis Museum in Athens, finally opening after a decade of delays. Bernard Tschumi’s delicate exercise in blending contemporary architecture into a weighty historical context carries a political message from the Greek government. It is an argument for bringing home the Elgin Marbles.
- A new museum for the Acropolis : February 9, 2010
- New Acropolis Museum designer to lecture in London : October 8, 2005
- Delays to the opening of the New Acropolis museum : September 18, 2008
- How the Parthenon sculptures will be displayed in the New Acropolis Museum : July 12, 2008
- Opening plans for the New Acropolis Museum : February 14, 2009
- Will the New Acropolis Museum win back the Elgin Marbles? : March 5, 2008
- New Acropolis Museum will aid the return of the Elgin Marbles : April 7, 2008
- Bernard Tschumi to lecture at RIBA on New Acropolis Museum : November 30, 2008