January 15, 2013
Starting from January, the Acropolis Museum in Athens will be organising various workshops on ancient technology, with the first on on the way museum replicas are made due to take place today.
The Acropolis Museum Organizes Art Courses
By Christina Flora on January 5, 2013
The Acropolis Museum is organizing workshops on ancient technology, modern preservation and production of replicas. Courses will start in January to entertain and inform those interested in learning these arts.
On Jan. 15, the first scheduled course on the ways museum replicas are made will begin. This course will be taught from Tuesday to Sunday twice a day, at 11:00 a.m., and 12:00 noon. Classes will include 20 people with admission using the same-day ticket to the museum on a first-come, first-served basis.
Those who want to visit the museum should bear in mind that from Jan. 8, it will be operating on its winter program. Its restaurant will operate the same hours, except for Friday evening, when it will stay open until 12 midnight.
- Celebrating International Museum Day at the New Acropolis Museum in Athens : May 11, 2012
- New Acropolis Museum restaurant to stay open during strike action : November 16, 2010
- Special events at the New Acropolis Museum for International Museum Day : May 17, 2012
- Free admission & special events for International Museums Day : May 17, 2013
- New Acropolis Museum to celebrate third birthday on 20th June with musical performances & late opening : June 16, 2012
- New Acropolis Museum website launches : June 15, 2009
- New Acropolis Museum opening to start tomorrow : June 16, 2009
- Electronic ticketing for Greek archaeological sites : November 6, 2012