October 22, 2013
Admission to the Acropolis Museum will be free on 28th October. This is to celebrate Ochi day (Οχι looks strange written in English), when Greece refused the Axis powers entry into the country. There will also be a special presentation taking place on the day, called “The Other Gods of the Acropolis”.
Tuesday October 22, 2013
Acropolis Museum offers free admission on October 28 national holiday
Admission to Greece’s landmark Acropolis Museum will be free of charge on Monday, October 28, in celebration of “Ochi Day,” a national holiday commemorating the country’s refusal to allow the Axis powers’ entry into the country on October 28, 1940.
The museum will also be offering 10 separate presentations for adults titled “The Other Gods of the Acropolis,” with one in English at 1 p.m. and another in French at 5 p.m., as well as eight workshops for children on “Myths in Images” aimed at 8-12 year olds.
Parties interested in attending the special events must book a spot in advance on tel 210.900.0900.
Opening hours on October 28 will be 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Όχι day for Greece means free admission to Acropolis Museum in Athens today : October 28, 2013
- Free admission to the New Acropolis Museum tomorrow for World Tourism Day : September 26, 2013
- Free admission to the New Acropolis Museum today for International Monuments Day : April 18, 2012
- Special events at the New Acropolis Museum for International Museum Day : May 17, 2012
- Late opening & free entry at the Acropolis Museum tonight : August 21, 2013
- Free admission & special events for International Museums Day : May 17, 2013
- Celebrating International Museum Day at the New Acropolis Museum in Athens : May 11, 2012
- Is free admission to museums & galleries in the UK sacrosanct? : February 27, 2013