September 26, 2013
The New Acropolis Museum is giving free admission from tomorrow evening until Sunday, to celebrate both World Tourism Day and European Heritage Days. There will also be a series of talks during these days, taking place within the galleries.
World Tourism Day & European Heritage Days
Friday, 27 September – Sunday, 29 September, 2013
The Acropolis Museum celebrates World Tourism Day on Friday 27 September 2013 and European Heritage Days on Saturday and Sunday 29 & 30 September 2013 with Gallery Talks about the Museum masterpieces and the colors of the archaic statues, held by Archaeologist – Hosts.
On Friday 27 September the Museum will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and admission will be free for all visitors between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. On this day, the second floor restaurant will remain open as usual until 12 midnight.
On Saturday 28 September and on Sunday 29 September the Museum will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and admission will be free for all visitors between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
GALLERY TALKS – PROGRAM:
Friday 27 September:
‘Masterpieces in the Acropolis Museum’: at 6 p.m. in English and at 8 p.m. in Greek
‘Archaic Colors’: at 11 a.m. in English and at 12 noon in Greek
Saturday 28 September & Sunday 29 September:
‘Masterpieces in the Acropolis Museum’: at 11:30 a.m. in English and at 12:30 p.m. & at 5:30 p.m. in Greek
‘Archaic Colors’: at 1 p.m. in English and at 2 p.m. in Greek
- Celebrating International Museum Day at the New Acropolis Museum in Athens : May 11, 2012
- Όχι day for Greece means free admission to Acropolis Museum in Athens today : October 28, 2013
- Free admission & special events for International Museums Day : May 17, 2013
- Special events at the New Acropolis Museum for International Museum Day : May 17, 2012
- The true colours of the sculptures from the Acropolis : August 7, 2012
- Free admission to the Acropolis Museum for Ochi day on 28th October : October 22, 2013
- Free admission to the New Acropolis Museum today for International Monuments Day : April 18, 2012
- Free admission to Acropolis today : September 27, 2006