June 16, 2012
New Acropolis Museum to celebrate third birthday on 20th June with musical performances & late opening
On Wednesday 20th June, the New Acropolis Musuem will celebrate the third anniversary of its opening.
As part of the celebrations, the museum will have extended opening hours & there will be a series of musical performances within the exhibition spaces.
Third Year Anniversary of the Opening of the New Acropolis Museum
By Areti Kotseli on June 15, 2012
The New Acropolis Museum in Athens celebrates its three years of existence with a series of events on its premises Wednesday, June 20th. Exhibition spaces will remain open to the public from 8.00 a.m. to midnight and general admission will be offered with a festive 3-Euro ticket.
Famous soloists and eminent musicians will be entertaining visitors in every exhibition space of the museum performing ancient music, music of the Renaissance, Baroque, Classical and Romantic eras and separate works of the 20th century.
Various music ensembles will participate at the events, such as Expromte, Guitarte, Violin/Piano Duet (Papagiannakis-Mantzouratou), Ritornello, Greek Bands Instruments by M. Karpathios and G. Lykouras, music band “Golden Phormix”, Woodwind Quintet Q-Innegal, Mandolin/Guitar Duet, Violin/Piano Duet (Christodoulou-Neofytidou), music band “Kitharis” from the Phillipos Nakas Conservatory, Trio Solvista, Guitar 4-Guitar, Trio lyrical artists. These events are organized by the Music Ensembles and the Third Programme of the Greek Radio.
At 08.30 p.m. the ERT choir will present Javier Busto’s and Lajos Bardos’s composition excerpts as well as Dodecanese works by G. Konstantinides. At 09.30 p.m. the ERT Contemporary Music Orchestra and the ERT Choir will perform works by Theodorakis, Chatzidakes, Papademetriou and Xarchakos in the courtyard just inside the museum’s entrance.
The museum restaurant will remain open all day long.
- Late opening & free entry at the Acropolis Museum tonight : August 21, 2013
- Metope Of The Annunciation goes on display in the Acropolis Museum : April 24, 2012
- Celebrating International Museum Day at the New Acropolis Museum in Athens : May 11, 2012
- Fourth birthday for New Acropolis Museum – but when will it get its star exhibit? : June 17, 2013
- Special events at the New Acropolis Museum for International Museum Day : May 17, 2012
- The Acropolis Museum – A Greek success story four years on : June 19, 2013
- Greek Archaeological sites open late for full moon on August 21 : August 16, 2013
- Free admission & special events for International Museums Day : May 17, 2013