December 9, 2010
New Acropolis Museum voted Best Worldwide Tourism Project in 2010 by British Guild of Travel Writers
The New Acropolis Museum has won the award of Best Worldwide Tourism project for 2010 by the British Guild of Travel Writers. Once again, this helps to raise the profile of the museum and highlights is suitability to accommodate the Parthenon Sculptures that are in the British Museum – removing the old argument that they could not be returned because there was nowhere suitable to put them if they were.
Athens News Agency
New Acropolis Museum wins prestigious award
8 Nov 2010
The New Acropolis Museum in Athens has won the ‘ (BGTW) prestigious global award for the Best Worldwide Tourism Project for 2010.
The prize was presented to deputy culture and tourism minister Yiorgos Nikitiadis, representing the Greek government, during a ceremony on Sunday night in London.
Nikitiadis thanked the organisers and the voting travel writers, noting that this distinction has opened the door for the return of the Parthenon Marbles to their homeland. (ANA)
- Acropolis Restoration architect Manolis Korres to receive Feltrinelli award : November 28, 2013
- Travel agents shown around New Acropolis Museum : March 3, 2008
- New Acropolis Museum shortlisted for architecture award : November 14, 2011
- Free admission to the New Acropolis Museum tomorrow for World Tourism Day : September 26, 2013
- PASOK reiterates their intentions to reunify the Elgin Marbles : November 6, 2009
- Vote for 38 Degrees to petition for the Parthenon Marbles reunification in 2013 : January 15, 2013
- Vote for the reunification of the Parthenon Sculptures : June 24, 2009
- The official opening of the New Acropolis Museum : May 20, 2009