March 24, 2004
Theodoros Pangalos, the former Culture Minister of Greece has called for the current deputy minister, Petros Tatoulis to resign because of the lawsuit he filed intending to stall the construction of the New Acropolis Museum.
Tuesday March 23, 2004
Ex-minister calls for resignation of current deputy over museum suit
PASOK deputy and former Culture Minister Theodoros Pangalos yesterday called for the resignation of the current deputy culture minister, Petros Tatoulis, for his having lodged a suit — before he entered the Cabinet — against officials involved in plans to build the new Acropolis Museum. The charges were linked with the alleged destruction of antiquities to allow preliminary construction work. “Now Tatoulis is ordering his own legal advisers to fight the suit which he himself lodged,” Pangalos declared in Parliament.
- Acropolis restoration to complete by end of 2006 : July 20, 2005
- Acropolis scaffolding to remain for Olympics : March 24, 2004
- Tatoulis balks at Acropolis costs : December 12, 2004
- 30 years of restoration work on Acropolis : July 21, 2005
- President Papoulias briefed on campaign to return Elgin Marbles : November 19, 2005
- Acropolis Museum rising : October 26, 2005
- Petros Tatoulis’s response on the treatment of the Elgin Marbles : May 17, 2005
- Acropolis museum headed for completion : October 26, 2005