June 16, 2015
The Acropolis Museum will be six years old later this month. To mark the event, there is going to be a temporary exhibition of artefacts from Samothrace.
Greece’s Acropolis Museum Celebrates Sixth Anniversary with Samothrace Antiquities
by Ioanna Zikakou
Jun 13, 2015
The Acropolis Museum in Athens, Greece, will celebrate its sixth anniversary on June 20 with the inauguration of its temporary exhibition “Samothrace. The mysteries of the great gods.”
The exhibition, a cooperation of the Acropolis Museum and the Antiquity Ephorates of the Rodopi and Evros prefectures, as well as Samothrace antiquities expert Dimitris Matsas, will open for the public on June 20 and will run until September 30.
262 artifacts from the Samothrace Archaeological Museum will travel to Athens, some of which will leave the island for the first time.
- New Acropolis Museum exhibition in Switzerland : May 11, 2009
- New Acropolis Museum photography exhibition : March 27, 2012
- The New Acropolis Museum’s first birthday : August 28, 2010
- New Acropolis Museum to celebrate third birthday on 20th June with musical performances & late opening : June 16, 2012
- The Acropolis Museum – A Greek success story four years on : June 19, 2013
- Three-dimensional photography of the Parthenon Sculptures : June 7, 2010
- Thessaloniki Archaeological Museum hosting exhibition about antiquities trafficking : March 30, 2012
- Delays to the opening of the New Acropolis museum : September 18, 2008