March 4, 2013
The 5th annual conference of the Association for research into crimes against art takes place on 22-23 June 2013, in Amelia, Italy.
ARCA’s 5th Annual Art Crime Conference will be held June 21-23, 2013
The Association for Research into Crimes against Art (ARCA) is pleased to announce it 5th annual interdisciplinary conference on Art Crime to be held June 21-23, 2013
Providing an arena for intellectual and professional exchange, the annual Art Crime conference is integral to the nonprofit’s mission and serves as a forum which aims to facilitate a critical appraisal of the protection of art and heritage worldwide.
Bringing together international scholars, law enforcement experts, art professionals, the general public and students in ARCA’s postgraduate certificate program in Art Crime and Cultural Heritage Protection, speakers have the opportunity to discuss and examine contemporary issues of common concern in this important field.
Held in the beautiful town of Amelia in the heart of Umbria, the conference will include plenary sessions, key note speaker(s), a Friday evening cocktail reception and an awards dinner on Saturday evening —which will honor the 2013 recipients of ARCA’s annual award for outstanding scholarship and professional dedication to the protection and recovery of cultural heritage.
ARCA welcomes speaking proposals from individuals in relevant fields, including law, criminal justice, security, art history, conservation, archaeology, or museum management. We invite individuals interested in presenting to submit their topic of choice along with a concise 200 word abstract and current resume or CV to ARCA’s conference coordinator, Dr. Derek Fincham, at: derek.fincham (at) artcrimeresearch.org
Presenters are asked to limit their oral presentations to 20 minutes which will be grouped into panels organized thematically. This will allow time for questions from the audience at the conclusion of each session.
- Association for Research into Crimes against Art’s annual conference in Amelia, Italy : May 14, 2012
- Protecting archaeological heritage in times of economic crisis : May 9, 2012
- Whose Past? Debate on repatriation of artefacts and reburial of human remains : March 20, 2012
- New Acropolis Museum wins 2012 Keck award : November 14, 2012
- 3rd International Conference of Experts on the Return of Cultural Property : October 25, 2013
- International colloquy in London on the reunification of the Parthenon Marbles : March 13, 2012
- Call for papers – Museums and Restitution : October 26, 2009
- Manchester conference on Museums & Restitution : May 18, 2010