March 12, 2013
Keri Douglas has written a great article about Dr Gary Vikan, the outgoing director of the Walters Art Museum & why he thinks the Parthenon Marbles should be returned to Athens.
His reason is simple – that it is all about the legitimacy of the monument. The sculptures belong to the monument & should be returned.
You can read the full article here.
- Is our obsession to posses art above the law? Lecture by Marc Masurovsky : October 16, 2012
- Analysing the pigmentation of the Parthenon Marbles : June 28, 2009
- The Parthenon Marbles & the National Gallery director : February 27, 2014
- Chasing Aphrodite – event in Washington : January 4, 2012
- Aboriginal activist gives lecture on return of Parthenon Marbles : March 6, 2015
- Is the British Museum really willing to rent the Parthenon Sculptures to Greece? : November 15, 2011
- Elgin Marbles poll by the New Statesman : October 27, 2006
- Tribute to the late Christopher Hitchens from the BCRPM : January 6, 2012