November 12, 2012
Revisiting S2212 – The flaws inherent in the Foreign Cultural Exchange Judicial Immunity Clarification Act
Nikki Georgopulos has written a very extensive piece for the Plundered Art blog about the man issues with Senate Bill S2212 (the Foreign Cultural Exchange Judicial Immunity Clarification Act). While the act gives the impression of helping the current situation, in reality it causes as many problems as it solves.
Her article is in two parts.
- The problems with the Foreign Cultural Exchange Jurisdictional Immunity Clarification Act : March 27, 2012
- Who does the Foreign Cultural Exchange Jurisdictional Immunity Clarification Act really protect? : May 10, 2012
- US bill aims to protect looted art while on loan to US museums : March 26, 2012
- Dispute over Senate bill S. 2212 over looted artefacts loaned to museums : May 25, 2012
- Heightened awareness of the Elgin Marbles debate : September 5, 2008
- The UK is not going to become a haven for looted art? : November 30, 2006
- Support in US Congress for return of Parthenon Marbles : May 25, 2009
- Are artefacts really better protected by the museums in developed countries? : March 23, 2012