November 12, 2012
Trafficking Culture has recently added a new dictionary section to their website. This dictionary give concise explanations of a huge range of items relating to disputed cultural property. It seems from what I’ve seen so far, to cover a wide range of items – everything from the Euphronios Krater, to the Treasure Act in the UK.
Well worth looking at if you are interested in the subject.
The dictionary is on their website here.
They still need don’t have any entry for the Parthenon Sculptures though…
- Elginism on Facebook : August 3, 2008
- Blogroll update : February 23, 2008
- Italy lends artefacts to Met : January 11, 2008
- New legislation in Europe may help recovery of looted national treasures : February 22, 2013
- Dallas Museum of Art returns disputed artefacts to Italy in exchange for loan of other items : November 4, 2013
- World Have Your Say : March 3, 2009
- Former Metropolitan Museum director talks about restitution of artefacts : July 27, 2009
- The techniques used to secure return of looted artefacts : March 6, 2009